Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's my birthday

Alles Gute, zum Geburtstag!

Today I climbed the Mittagskogel with my neighbor, Martin for my birthday. It was probably one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I have seen this mountain ever since I came here and knew it was mine to summit. Well folks, my wish has come true. I made it to the summit cross this morning at 11:30 am, and saw a great cloud of fog instead of a view of Austria and Slovenia, but hey, I still had a little celebration on top with some champagne. :)
The Mittagskogel, view on the way up from a gasthaus. A little bit of cloud cover on the top.

Martin and I at the summit cross, 2148 m.

A lil bubbly

An angry bird, who hated us for no reason. We even fed these birds some of our lunch!

On the way down, as you can see where the cloud cover lies.



After the mountain, I returned to my host family in all smiles and a sore achille's tendon, and they made me a wonderful birthday dinner. I could have not asked for anything more on this day (other than seeing some real family--but that's what Skype is for!).

One big happy family!
Two weeks left in Austria... I don't know if I will be able to leave.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment