Thursday, July 14, 2011

Picture Time!

My town of Villach

Austrian Flag and Alps in the background at the top of Mt. Dobratsch

Family lunch: Markus, me, Christian, Iris (Christian's Girlfriend), and Silvia
Pörtschach Bakery
The Ossiachersee Lake, where I have spent a lot of time already

Grillen for office BBQ

Andy and an upset baby from one of the office workers

Silvia and I are pooped from a nice day in the sun

Engineering!!! Tunnel in Reisseck II-Hydropower plant

Reisseck II- I got to visit this site, it is the biggest engineering site in all of Austria. They are adding a new system for an existing hydro power plant, and I got to walk all around the tunnels inside this mountain...

Reisseck II- In the distance is where the water entrapment will go for the system-like a dam.

Pre-tension loading!!! important when building some tunnels.

The reason why we were at this site was because Andy is in charge of the safety management (even though he is a geotechnical engineer-he wears many hats!)

Uhm... Yeah, I got to witness this view on a normal day at the office.

I got my workin' boots on!

Anyone need a dentist? (These are pieces of the tunnel borer)

Inside one of the tunnels- Where the huge water pipes will go.

Large drill.

At the top of the site 2,400 m

This was an incredible site to visit.

YIPPEE!!!


Choo Choo for snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment