Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Goodbye, Guten Tag!!!

I can officially start my Austrian travel blog now, however, I am currently in London. Four hour layover--not too shabby. I have done quite well so far on my Standby flying from Sea-Tac to Klagenfurt, Austria. Haven't missed one flight yet! Except for the fact that I had to wait a week from my original departure time of the 28th, until the 4th of July to have a clear window for standby flying. But hey, what a perfect way to spend my fourth by leaving the country in a red, white and blue-bald eagle (ignore that Freudian slip), also known as a Boeing 777 in business class with my very own reclining chair and endless food and beverage service! It's currently 2:40 am Seattle time, 10:40 am London time, I have had a total of probably four hours of sleep (I was too excited to sleep in the reclining chair!!!).

I spent my last few days in America with friends and family, and of course, playing some ultimate frisbee. I greatly valued my extra week of vacation in the States. I want to thank all of you who have helped me get on my way, even though it's always hard to say "Auf Wiedersehen," but it was time for me to leave the eagle's nest. Again. :)

Unfortunately, my compact digital camera decided to call the quits on me on my last day at Potlatch (the frisbee tournament I was just in), so pictures will be delayed for a bit :( until I can find a replacement or fix my lens. But here is something for your visual/audio enjoyment, Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. When my camera broke in Germany it was far cheaper to buy one in the US and have a friend ship it to me. Just be sure they open it up, take some pictures, and put a note in the package about "here's the camera you forgot" otherwise it can be confiscated by customs. Oder, vielleicht ich Deutch schreiben sollte? Tschuess!

    ReplyDelete